Create a class twitter page that includes announcements, due dates, quizzes, and more
Create a building twitter page for students that includes calendar information, changes, inclement weather forecasts, and and so much more
Use twitter as a Bellringer or opening activity
So many ways to use this social media tool…for education!
- a database of resources for a project
- a Webquest for a younger grade
- a website to promote awareness about a local issue
- a website to record information from a research project
- a website that includes classroom news and important dates
- a website to present how they’ve met objectives
There are so many Chrome apps available that will greatly benefit any classroom!
Before I explore the apps themselves, I’ve listed some resources about what Chrome apps actually are, and how they can be used, generally speaking, in the classroom environment!
There are so many wonderful Chrome apps you can use within Google Drive. For more information about those apps, check out my Wonderful World of Google post!
There are SO MANY awesome Chrome apps for education, but with today’s post I’ve chosen to highlight apps that I think will benefit TEACHERS!
This is a planner for students and teachers! Store all of your information in this valuable app and access it on any device with Internet connection! Available for Chrome, Windows, and Android devices…and soon for Apple devices!
Apps for Common Core
There are so many apps that teachers can use for implementing the CCSS, and this Chrome app organizes the apps for you! Search for apps by grade level, content, and standard. Great resource!
By using this twitter-like program, teachers create an account and are given a specific “phone number.” Instructions are given through the account for students to sign up to receive text messages from the teacher. The teacher’s actual phone number is never given, and neither are the students! Teachers send out a mass text message, students receive the text, CANNOT reply to the text, and are reminded about important information. Yes, there’s a Chrome app for this awesome program!
There are so many awesome Chrome apps available for use in education! Check back for posts on Chrome apps for classroom content, as well as apps for creating awesome products, coming soon!
Thanks for reading!
- The benefits of using gmail are absolutely amazing. Communicate with students who are absent. Share documents with students. Remind classes about upcoming due dates or quizzes (they need reminding!).
- Students and teachers alike can benefit from the amazing benefits of Google documents in the classroom. Students can create and edit their documents on or offline. Students can collaborate with one another in real time, even if they’re not in the same room! Teachers can easily embed documents onto their class Google site or calendar. Students can peer edit their documents (a Common Core requirement), teachers can offer suggestions by commenting on students’ documents, the list goes ON AND ON!
- Slides are Google’s answer to Microsoft Power Point. Students and teachers alike can benefit immensely from this application. Create and share presentations with students through Drive. Easily embed presentations created with slides on a class Google site! Allow students to collaborate with each and eliminate the forgotten homework or broken jump drive excuses!
- As you’ve probably suspected by now, this application is very comparable to Microsoft’s Excel program. Create sheets to record data, create lists to export, and even compile results from a Google form! Awesome!
- What an awesome tool! Create quizzes, review activities, pre and post assessments. Use for self-evaluations after a project or paper. Have students create surveys to distribute to students. Record data collected from the form in Google sheets! Embed forms and slides on your Google site, then have students view the presentation and complete the form…this can help implement a flipped or blended learning environment!
- Create a calendar simply through your Google account. Create multiple calendars…a calendar for school events, a calendar for class events, historical events, sporting events, educational programming on TV, the possibilities are endless! Share your calendar with your students and parents, which allows everyone to know what is going on in your classroom! Embed the calendar on your class Google site. Attach links to your your calendar for students to access. Include Google documents, slides, sheets, and forms that you’ve created within your Drive on your calendar. The list goes on!