Happy January, all! Phew! The last few months have been hectic! My husband and I have been shuttling our daughters all over God’s creation for practices, dance classes, shoe fittings, performances, games, and tournaments, and don’t get me wrong, we love every second of it. BUT … it leaves me very little time to write, reflect, and share with you! I’ve also entered a new O.R.E. in life (my acronym for obsessive reading era) and am currently inhaling many books per month – I don’t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing that our oldest has volleyball practice twice a week within walking distance of a Barnes and Noble … hmmm… Anyway, after a long writing hiatus (and a HUGE issue with my website’s security certificate … it’s fixed!) I’m back to share my word to focus on throughout 2024: COMMIT!
If you’ve followed my blog for a bit (thanks!) you know that I’m not a fan of New Year’s Resolutions. Instead, for the last few years I’ve chosen a word to focus on throughout the year to help me reach my goals. This year, I’ve chosen to commit to COMMIT! What am I committing to? I’m so glad you asked!
- Daily Presence for my family
- Daily Devotional Time to ground me in my faith
- Daily Exercise Time for my mental and physical health
- Daily Reading Time (not just fun reading – personal and professional development, too!) for growth and happiness
- Daily REST to recover mentally and physically because life gets EXHAUSTING
- Frequent Reflection to recognize strengths and areas for improvement
- Frequent CREATIVE Sessions which increase my sense of accomplishment
- Monthly Writing because sharing with you provides me with a fantastic opportunity to GROW as an educator!
Speaking of commitment … did you know this month I celebrate my TEN YEAR BLOGGING ANNIVERSARY?! What in the world?! I’m so thankful for the urge I had to start blogging WAAAY back in 2014 because I feel like researching, reflecting, creating, and sharing with you has helped me grow so much as a teacher and truly find my authentic voice. So, THANKS for ten great years! Here’s to ten more!
What’s your focus for 2024? I’d love to hear it!
As always, thanks for reading 🙂