I’m still relatively new to the wonderful world of 140 character comments, commonly known as Twitter. When I signed up for Twitter, I did so with the intention of following #hashtags that would help me in my quest for educational technology information…like many of you, I am FAR too busy with life to be connected socially to Twitter! 🙂
So…how can you use Twitter for professional development?
First, know that when I use the term “professional development,” I don’t mean sitting in the school library for hours on end, struggling to focus on a presentation and not my wonderful doodles on my notepad!
Professional development, to me anyway, refers to anything that I can do to develop my professional skills. I know I just violated the cardinal rule of defining a concept…using the words in my definition, but I think it describes my mindset pretty well.
Without further adieu, here’s how I use Twitter…
- I “follow” these people and/or organizations related to education and educational technology
- EdTech K-12 Magazine
- Links to great articles about suggestions for implementing technology into your classroom
- Awesome educational articles for teachers
- Great articles about the wonderful world of education!
- I LOVE EDUDEMIC! This website has TONS of AMAZING information about educational technology…I’m literally on this website daily 🙂
- Education Week
- More great articles about education
- Jon Bergmann
- Jon Bergmann is one of the original “flippers” and provides AWESOME information about flipped learning
- Aaron Sams
- Aaron Sams is one of the original “flippers,” and the co-author of “Flip Your Classroom: Reach Every Student in Every Class Every Day”, which I highly recommend!
- Med Kharbach
- Edublogger from www.educatorstechnology.com
- Josh Stumpenhorst
- I attended a breakout session led by Josh at METC…he has great ideas for keeping social studies classes relevant, engaging, and fun!
- Flipped Learning
- Flipped Learning network!
- Lodge McCammon
- I attended breakout sessions led by Lodge at METC…he’s awesome!
- You know I love edmodo!
- There are #hashtags for pretty much any topic you can imagine!
- You can also search by #hashtags to find material relevant to any subject you wish!
- CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk)
- The New York Times (@nytimes)
- CNN (@CNN)
- Today (@TODAYshow)
- US Department of Education (@usaedgov)
- The White House (@WhiteHouse)
Leave a Reply