While Pinteresting last night, I stumbled upon this wonderful inforgraphic from Mia MacMeekin which provides a different, perhaps clearer view of Bloom’s Taxonomy…it has verbs! Lots of verbs!
In my nearly constant quest for new and useful technology tools to use in my 1:1 classroom next year, I’ve decided it may be helpful to not only provide tools that can be used for each of these levels, but also examples and applications for how those tools can be used to assess Bloom’s in the classroom.
I’ll start today at the bottom of the Taxonomy and work my way up in the coming week.
Please keep in mind that this is by no means a complete list of educational technology tools for this level, but is rather a set of applications for the classroom! The tools included in these lists will mostly be of the web 2.0 realm, and typically not specific to only one platform.
- Students can create individual or collaborative Padlet walls where they can…
- define vocabulary words
- list attribute of a character from a novel
- Students can use bookmarks provided by their teacher to…
- locate information for a test or project
- Students can use the discussion board feature to…
- describe concepts or events important to the unit of study
- Students can…
- describe their opinion about a historical event or decision
- locate information about a contemporary event
- Students can create flashcards from a Google Spreadsheet to help them with memorizing definitions or terms