I’m finally able to use the new Google Sheets! The Doctopus Add-on takes a little getting used to…especially if you’ve been using the old script. However, I’ve been tinkering with the add-on, and I love it!
Click here or access the QR Code on the page for my instructions on using the Doctopus Add-on.
I ran into a few issues this afternoon, but was able to easily resolve them.
- When I originally ran the gClassFolders script, I copied and pasted the student folder key into my “Master Roster” for the course…and this was the Sheet I used to run the Doctopus script. I assumed that I could choose to create my new roster by importing from gClassFolders, and then import the “Master Roster” I had created, but that didn’t work. So, since I didn’t have the actual gClassFolder Sheet that was created when I originally ran gClass, I just copied and pasted the following information into my new Doctopus Sheet:
- Student First Name
- Student Last Name
- Student Email
- When I came to the step where I was asked if I wanted to send the document to my student’s individual assignment folders, I had to copy and paste the student folder key into my new Doctopus Sheet