With so many schools going “1:1,” many teachers are actively searching for new ways to incorporate technology into their classroom…that’s probably why you’re here!
In my constant search for new technology, or obsessive search if you ask my husband :), I stumbled upon Blendspace, a website and Chrome app that helps teachers integrate technology!
I briefly mentioned Blendspace in my Chrome Apps for Teachers post, but I thought I’d explain a little more how awesome this tool is!
Teachers can use Blendspace in so many ways, but it would be AWESOME to use if you’re flipping your classroom!
Here are the basics of Blendspace:
- Create a FREE account at www.blendspace.com
- Browse the Gallery to see how other teachers in your age/content area are using Blendspace
- Choose “+ New Lesson” to get started
- Add content to your board from a variety of sources!
- Choose to insert a webpage (awesome!)
- Upload video/picture files from your computer
- Add content saved in a cloud based storage system
- Link your Dropbox account
- Link your Google Drive account
- Choose the template for your board
- How do you want it to be set up?
- Choose a color scheme for your board
- Adjust your privacy settings
- Enable comments
- “Share” your board through…
- Edmodo! 🙂
- QR Code (WHAAAT?!)
- Embeded into your webpage or blog
Teachers and administrators could even use Blendspace to provide information for professional development opportunities for the staff! Just think…work through information at your own pace, post your questions to a padlet wall within Blendspace… AWESOME!